Friday, January 28, 2011

Week two

Got a lot more work done on my project this week. I've changed some of my ideas, and I like the new direction I am going with it. I am finally gonna post some pictures and I'll go into a little more detail about the project itself. I think if I can keep up this momentum, time management won't be as big a problem on this project as it has been in the past.
I'm also trying to be more precise and pay better attention to details through out my process. I tend to get in a hurry sometimes, and my work shows it. So that is something I really want to work on.



I'm also gonna track my ceramics progress, or lack there of on here. I think it will help hold me accountable to my work, make me strive to do better. So I'll also be putting pictures of the things I do in that class on here. The first thing we were told to do in that was to throw 100 cylinders on the wheel, a minimum of 7 inches high. Well so far, I've thrown 21 items, that is out of 125 individual pounds of clay. Almost half are bowls, and the ones that I did actually manage to get into the cylinder shape, do not meet the height requirement. So I have a lot of learning to do there as well. But I'm positive that eventually I'm going to get it. And anyone who follows my blogs will get to see it for themselves. Yippy Skippy!



One more thing, got some plaster today. Wanna start doing something with that and see where it takes me. Eventually after I sharpen my skills, I'd like nto do some stone carving. Really really really excited about getting started with this!

No comments:

Post a Comment