Saturday, January 22, 2011

End of first week of classes

I think the start of the new Spring semester was a great one. Much better than expected, and I am fired up to see what the semester brings. Got to get back to work in the studio, and although I'm a little unconditioned and sore after the break, it feels great to be working again.

For our first project, we were given the words "Social Network". After a little research and alot of brainstorming, I settled on the thought of how people isolate themselves from the world, through social networking. They are able to connect to millions of people, without ever leaving their home if they choose not to. The only information the people they are connected with get, is the information that the person puts out about themselves. They can give as little or as much information as they choose, and it's easier to do because there is never any personal face to face contact. A person can portray themselves to be whoever they want to be, so no one has to ever know who they truly are! Anyway, so tha'st the idea I am working with. My sketches are drawn, and I'll post pictures as my work progresses. Ciao!




No comments:

Post a Comment